The Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) has revealed its inaugural Latin America Board – a new body designed to oversee the Association’s growth and engagement across the region.
The Board is comprised of eight industry leaders from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and Mexico. Since launching PRCA Americas in 2020, the world’s largest professional PR association has grown considerably in Latin America, providing local professionals with access to local, regional, and global events, training, and professional development opportunities.
The inaugural Board members are:
– Gustavo Averbuj, Chairman of the PRCA LATAM Board, CEO at Ketchum Argentina
– Francis Ingham, PRCA Director General
– Everton Schultz, President and partner at Agora Public Affairs & Strategic Communications / Diretor de Comunicação Estratégica e Inovação Digital at Untold_
– Jaspar Eyears, CEO and Founder at Another
– Carlos Diaz, General Manager at GlobalNews Group
– Amanda Berenstein, CEO at Weber Shandwick, Mexico
– Pedro Cadina, CEO at Vianews Communication
– Carmen Sanchez-Laulhe, VP Latam – Región Andina at ATREVIA
PRCA Director General Francis Ingham MPRCA said:
“As the world’s largest PR association, our mission is simple -to raise standards across the industry, all around the world. I know that our esteemed Latin America Board, led by Gustavo Averbuj, share this determination.
“We’re delivering more pertinent, impactful support for PR professionals than ever before in Latin America, whether it’s offering training, or opening doors to our global events programme. In the coming weeks, we’ll also be announcing Spanish training courses for our members for the first time. So now is the perfect time to bring the region’s most respected communications leaders together to further develop the PRCA and shape a bright, ambitious future for the industry in Latin America.”
PRCA Americas Chair Gustavo Averbuj MPRCA said:
“Public Relations has emerged as a force for good at a time when healthy public discourse has become difficult and needed more than ever. It’s an honour to chair an amazing group of distinguished leaders in our region to help strengthen PR’s critical role in business and society. Our aim is to become the home of training, professional development, recognition and advancement in our field by sharing what we treasure most: Knowledge, experience and a global vision.”
PRCA statement on Francis Ingham
Today the PRCA Board has been informed that Francis Ingham has passed away after a short illness. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his