There are many ingredients to a successful PR campaign. Creativity, resources, media contacts and expertise are just some of them.
However, the common denominator for every successful PR campaign is the strategy upon which it’s built. Without a strategy you rarely gets a successful result.
Strategic thinking is a skill. Having a strategic mindset is one of the most important attributes for any successful PR practitioner. Sometimes it’s his natural flair but most of the time it’s a learned skill. Either way it is vital to every PR practitioner has a strategic mindset.
Event Type: Webinar
Places available: 50
Places remaining: 45
Trainer: Steve Dunne FPRCA
In this 90 minute webinar delegates will learn not just what strategic thinking is, but how to make it an integral part of their everyday thinking process and how to deploy that thinking and systematic approach effectively in every PR campaign and event they undertake.
Who the webinar will benefit.
In house PR managers responsible for devising and managing PR campaigns. Agency account managers and senior account managers required to develop and manage strategic campaigns for clients.
How delegates will benefit from the webinar
- Increased confidence in providing clients and board members with a strategic approach to PR challenges.
- A thorough understanding of what a strategic approach, and its benefits, bring to a PR challenge or PR campaign.
- How to manage effectively a strategic PR approach for clients or senior management
What attendees will learn from the webinar
- What a strategic mindset is and how to develop one for yourself
- The difference between Aims, objectives, strategy and tactics and how to deploy each effectively for the best results.
- Taking into account key considerations including culture, environment and constraints and producing an effective strategic solution.
- Strategic planning models that can help develop a strategy (including SWOT, PESTELIO, POSTAR and ADOPTS) and when, and how, to use them to create valuable insights and solutions.
- The nine step plan to developing a powerful and engaging strategic PR campaign
- How to ensure that your strategy connect with business plans and the all- important bottom line for your organisation or your client.
- The importance of output, out-take and outcome and how to ensure that each step contributes to the results of the final power programme.
- How to incorporate your strategy into the Barcelona principles for effective measurement and evaluation.
Steve Dunne is an experienced corporate and agency PR director and trainer who has developed some of the most strategic campaigns in the sector. Steve has managed PR campaigns for some of the world’s biggest brands and has devised strategies to change attitudes and perceptions across the b2b and b2c field including for the FMCG, manufacturing, technology, engineering, building, marketing, finance and pharmaceutical sectors.