PR World Cup 2022
The PR World Cup gives rising PR professionals from around the world a platform to exercise and showcase creative excellence through powerful PR and Communications work.
The PRCA Americas PR World Cup is the LATAM qualifier competition for the ICCO Next Generation PR World Cup 2022.
Registration Deadline: 2nd October 2022, 18:00
Once you have paid to register your team, you must email details of your team members to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Both team members must be under the age of 35 as of 1st July 2022.
- Agency, in-house, and freelance professionals are all welcome to compete (no restrictions, also team members do not need to be from the same organisation).
- All teams must be made up of two people
A brief will be set by the PRCA Americas Charity Partner (to be revealed at a later date) who will act as the client, and participating teams will be given 48 hours to create a campaign. Using a scoring system based on a set criteria, the judging panel will determine the winning team, i.e., the team with the highest score. The winning team will then go on to compete in the Global competition.
Teams must submit a deck of no more than 10 slides by the stated deadline. Included in the deck must be a 150-word summary of your creative campaign idea.
Teams must submit a 3-5 minute-long video explaining their creative campaign idea to deliver the brief. Your video must include details about the approach, strategy, and execution of your team’s idea. See “The World Cup Submission” below.
The World Cup Submission
- Video file submitted (5 minutes maximum)
- The written submission (max 450 words):
- Describe the creative idea (150 words)
- Potential for industry impact
- Describe the strategy (150 words)
- Target audience, target media, PR planning, approach
- Describe the execution (150 words)
- Implementation of PR activities, timeline, scale
Timeline and Fees
For members, is FREE, and for non-members is $100 per team.
The LATAM competition will take place over 48 hours during working days: Tuesday 11th October 2022, 10:00 – Thursday 13th October 2022, 10:00. The brief is provided by a Charity or Not-For-Profit Organisation and will be circulated by email at 10:00 on Tuesday 11th October 2022.
Completed campaigns and videos should be emailed back to the PRCA Americas team by 10:00 on Thursday 13th October 2022 and should be sent to email@example.com. Campaigns will then be judged by a Jury from across LATAM.
A shortlist of 4-6 teams will announced on Monday 24th October, 2022 and be invited to virtually deliver a 10 minute presentation to the Jury, explaining the PR campaign on Thursday 27th October, 2022.
The winning team will be notified by Friday 28th October 2022.
Regional Competition Prize
Industry winner – Certificate and Joint Trophy
Global Competition Prize
- Industry winner – opportunity to discuss with the NGO to have their idea implemented. Slot at ICCO Global Summit (the following year) and all expenses paid (flights and hotel up to 1800 euros per team, budget set depending on location)
- All finalists join exclusive ‘Next Generation Group’ within ICCO.
More information on the Global ICCO Next Generation PR World cup competition can be found here.